Thursday, July 1, 2010

07.01.10

We found a place to live!  This has been driving me nuts over the past six weeks so it feels soooo good to write that sentence.  David made two back-to-back trips to Cincy this week; one to scout out the market and one to show me the house that he thought could be the winner.  It feels just like every place we have ever lived together - 90 years old, wood floors, arched doorways, and I just realized last night that our "redone" kitchen looks exactly like the Draper's kitchen in Mad Men.  We are so hip.
So now, instead of writing my 25-page term paper, evaluating the effects of the recent Health Care Reform Bill, or applying social psychology to my current business practice, I'm spending lots of time shopping for dining room furniture, daydreaming about paint colors, and pulling samples for David to veto.  I'm dying to try all of the above in our dining room but thus far have only been approved to "go see" the chair on the left.  Baby steps, people.

No comments: