Saturday, September 18, 2010

09.18.10

Okay, this is the longest post ever but it just speaks to what a fun day this was!  The weekend before we left Texas we celebrated my mom's 60th birthday with family and friends.  We surprised her with family from Chicago, had a brunch at the house, and then threw a true surprise party that night at Joe T's.  The weather was beyond perfect so my dad pulled out his kayaks and almost everyone spent some part of the day in the lake!  Selfishly, it was a fantastic way to spend our last few days in town.  And, no one deserves celebration like my mom!
Maddie's scary face
Kate and her best friend GG
The morning spread.  Thankfully my sis is a fantastic cook so all I had to do was combine fruit and vegetables and call them salad!
Miss and her mini me
Josh and his monkey
Steve and Connie kayaking
Maddie and Dad
Will had a slight mishap that allowed him to beat Dave Cole's "falling out of the kayak" record by seconds.  Notice my dad's sympathetic face.
Steve, Connie, Kathy, Mom, and Katie.  If GG is around, Katie is within inches!
The room at Joe T's

Surprise!

Happy Birthday to You!
Speech!  Speech!
Miss and Josh
The Duncans
I've taken a lot of pics with this girl and this just might be my all-time fav.
Ditto.
Me and Maddie
Cartusciellos
Family
We had such a fun time planning and preparing for this party and very much appreciate all the help we got from family and friends.  It is not easy to plan a party for the one who is always doing the planning!  That said, we have already decided to take a trip for my dad's 60th!

No comments: