Sunday, September 11, 2011

08.05.11

We spent a weekend in early August in upstate New York celebrating the wedding of Paula and Ankur for the second time!  They were officially married last summer but held a traditional Indian wedding in Rochester this summer and who are we to pass up a celebration??  We met up with three other couples (all of whom I had traveled to Chile with the summer before b-school) and took a day trip to Niagara Falls (for the obvious reason) and Buffalo (for the wings)!  In other news, introducing baby to spicy Indian food was apparently a good idea as the bump seemed to double in size from Thursday to Sunday.  I swear you couldn't tell I was pregnant when we arrived and by the time we left there were complete strangers rubbing my belly on the airplane!  
 Marisa and I at the Falls (American side)
 View of Canadian side
 Sporting our blue trash bags on Maid of the Mist
 Kristy and Nathan
 The whole gang (minus the bride and groom)
 
 Spicy buffalo wings in Buffalo
Post-meal pic at Duff's in Buffalo
 Raas Garba dancing
 Our kurtas
 Coles in Kurtas
 We were a colorful bunch!
The ceremony 
With Ankur and Paula.  She was one of the most beautiful brides I have ever seen! 
The instigator of my growth 

No comments: