Monday, December 19, 2011

10.15.11

I spent nearly a week in Long Beach in October to celebrate my dear friend's nuptials.  Amanda and I were "accidental" roommates in college and loved it so much that we continued the tradition once we moved to Dallas.  She moved to Cali nine years ago and has built a fantastic career and life for herself on the West Coast.  That said, I have never seen her as happy as she was this weekend and I attribute it solely to her relationship with Jason. I was sooooo glad that I was able to travel and be there for so many of the events.  
   
 Mani / Pedi with the Lewis sisters
 View of Long Beach from my room at the Avia
I completely spoiled myself with breakfast in bed every morning and lots of long walks on the beach.  DC wasn't able to make it out until the actual weekend so I took full advantage of my down time! 
 Ladies' Brunch at Starling Diner
 Baylor Girls!
Once DC was in town, we were told to hit up George's Greek restaurant in downtown.  It was phenomenal and will definitely be our Friday night place should we ever end up living in the LB. 
Morning walk by the marina

We were so lucky to be able to meet up with Walter one afternoon in Seal Beach.  I love that even though we haven't seen him in months, it always feels like it was yesterday.
 DC and W on the pier
Headed to the wedding with BC in tow 
Custom-made dunnys for the bride and groom 
 I hate this pic of me but Amanda has never looked better.  She was stunning.  
The wedding and reception were on the rooftop of an Italian restaurant.  It was half-open air and the weather couldn't have been more perfect.  The whole evening, for that matter - Amanda planned every detail perfectly and I was so thankful to be included.  Cheers to Mr and Mrs Stephens!

No comments: