Monday, March 22, 2010

03.21.10

While Dave and I made every attempt to get up early this morning, it just wasn't happening.  We woke up around 10:30 and Lindsay made us a breakfast of pancakes, fruit, and eggs which we shared with Emerson and then we were off. 
We walked by Buckingham Palace, through St James, and saw Parliament, Westminster, and Big Ben.  Along the way we took every possible London tourist photograph possible.
We stopped in at Fortnum & Mason, had snacks at a wine bar on the Embankment, and checked out Trafalger Square.  I also purchased my first flapjack in ten years - butter flavor with chocolate - and it tasted as unhealthy and wonderful as I remembered.  
That night, Nathan took us to The Phoenix and The Alfred for pints and cottage pie.  So far, I think David and I have told them "we may never leave" at least three times!  We love this city.  

2 comments:

Ankur said...

I see El Beardo is back. nice.

Nathan, Lindsay and .... said...

Bloody Tourists!!! We had a great time hanging out. Hopefully, we'll meet up soon in Italia.