Tuesday, March 30, 2010

03.27.10

We started our day at the Portabello Road market in Notting Hill.  Actually, we started our day experiencing extensive Tube delays and spent over an hour underground trying to get to our location.  Once there, we meandered through the market eating and shopping.  And eating again to recover from our shopping. Luckily, Saints Tattoo Studio (the site of my '99 eyebrow piercing extravaganza) was closed this time so we didn't have to decide how 31-year-olds look with piercings.
 We bought David a Europe book at the famous Travel Book Store to help him start planning his excursions (you know, the excursions that begin tomorrow) and then made our way over to Westminster Abbey to catch Evensong.  This was a beautiful ceremony and a wonderful way to really experience a church rather than just tour it. 

We wrapped up our day at Halepi, a Mediterranean grill that I had gone to with my family years ago, and it was just as warm and cozy as I remembered.  From there, we headed home (missing our sweet hosts who had left that morning for Egypt) and began to organize the chaos that our room had become.  And by “become” I mean happened the day we landed! 
 We wandered home the long way and had fun figuring out all the fancy settings on our new camera.
We have had such a wonderful time here in London and could not have asked for better hosts.  Thank you Nathan and Lindsay for sharing your home, your food, your beer, and your sweet little girl with us!  David got a bit sentimental and took some parting shots.  I wasn't kidding when I said he might still be there when you get back! 
I had a car coming to the house at 5:00 am so I was off to bed by 10, slightly anxious about traveling to Milan on my own but ready to get to my new “home”.

1 comment:

ei said...

marisa, scott, kristy, nathan, ankur and i missed you last night. (we had a little wine/dinner reunion at the purple pig downtown.) i appreciate the food detail in your blog and the extensive eating experience you're having. yum!