Friday, March 26, 2010

03.22.10


We started off today at one of my all time favorite places -- the National Gallery.  Rather than do a formal tour, we just picked our top 30 pieces to see and wandered through at our own pace.  It was pretty crowded with school groups on Spring Break but I still loved the feel and layout of the museum just as much as I did as an art student 10 years ago.  We saw kids plopped down in front of Botticellis, re-sketching the masterpieces just like Darrah and I used to do, and it made me feel so old!


We had lunch in Covent Garden at a modern version of a traditional English pub, wandered through the markets, and then walked up the Embankment back home in order to get ready for our pre-theater dinner at Criterion.  I was nervous that it wouldn’t be as good or the interior wouldn’t be as gorgeous as I remembered and I was only 50% wrong.  The building and the finish-out were fantastic, but the service was horrible!   I think it was our waiter’s first day on the job (as in ever) so we just quickly split the chateaubriand and raced out to make it to our seats at Les Mis. 
 
We had good seats, a great cast, and my guess is that David only fell asleep once during the three hour production.  All in all, a successful night.   

No comments: