Sunday, April 4, 2010

04.04.10

While I would have given anything to be in Texas celebrating the resurrection of our Savior with our families, we managed to have a special day attending service at Il Duomo.  We went to Morning Praises at 10:25 immediately followed by a Eucharistic Celebration officiated by Cardinal Dionigi Tettamanzi, Archbishop of Milan.  The energy in the room (and the paparazzi-like flashes) tipped us off that he was important.  Much to David's chagrin, I managed to sneak a photo of the church during communion.  


Though both the language and the ritual were foreign, I was thankful we were able to worship and celebrate together.  As much of the city was shut down and it was another cold rainy day, we cooked lunch at home and proceeded to follow another much-loved Sunday tradition passed down to us by both our parents: the afternoon nap.  


That night, I had a potluck dinner with my team at our hotel.  We are a mix of Chinese, French, Brazilian, Indian, Taiwanese, and good ol' American so we had a very diverse dinner of specialities from each.  Happy Easter!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you two miss skyline yet? I do...

Binford Family said...

Rebecca hi! Its Stevi, I found your blog through Kristen. I have added you to mine. How amazing you guys are there. So glad I found your blog. mine is www.binfordfamilyfun.blogspot.com. Tell Nathan I said hi please, and David too!