Wednesday, April 7, 2010

04.05.10

My team spent Monday (a bank holiday) in Lake Como and it was more beautiful than I'd imagined.  Granted, all my research came from shots of Clooney's house in People but still.  It was a bit chaotic / slow traveling with 10 people but overall it was very restful and I definitely want to make a trip back as it is only a 30 minute train ride. We started at a market that offered everything from food to birds and then had a cappuccino outside of the city's duomo and did some prime people watching.  After my morning gelato, we wandered the city of Como and then hopped a hydrofoil ("fast" boat) to Bellagio.
I knew we were approaching Bellagio when it started to look a bit like Vegas.  Only real.  The colors, the sky, the Alps in the background -- I didn't even want to blink.  

We had lunch at 3:00 at what we had heard was "the best restaurant in Bellagio".  I have no idea if that is true but we loved it.  We sat on the patio in the sunshine and ate whatever they brought us.  I had this pretty little fowl and some fantastic risotto.  The chef was adorable, probably all of 22, and insisted on driving us to and from the restaurant to the dock.  We crammed a ton of overfed Americans into a tiny Eurocar and spent the last few minutes of daylight lounging on the warm rocks overlooking the lake.  
And, while DC was invited to join us in Como, he preferred to spend the afternoon with our good friend Leo.  He said the experience was amazingly well done and topped his day off at my favorite sandwich place!
 

1 comment:

ei said...

its a good thing you are back to being a carnivore. the food adventures you are having would not be the same without meat. :)