Tuesday, May 4, 2010

05.01.10

Day two in Florence meant a morning of "retreat" for me and some wandering time for DC.  The whole reason we were in Florence was for a team retreat and so Dave and I had to stay in separate hotels as mine was funded by the school.  While I was sad, my accommodations were fabulous and a "retreat" on a rooftop in Florence is not half bad.
As soon as I was finished, DC and I caught a bus up to Fiesole, a hillside town that overlooks the city of Florence.  We were ready to get out of the crowds and couldn't have picked a better place for time to slow down and to enjoy a sunny afternoon.  Fiesole is basically an Italian version of the Hollywood Hills and offers fantastic views and great food.  We grabbed a couple of Birra Morettis and enjoyed the view before hiking up to the top of the hill and running into a local wedding full of perfectly dressed Italians climbing up a cobblestone hill in three-inch heels and Ferragamo shoes.  We spied the bride being driven up the hill in a navy blue 911 and then took off before we officially became wedding crashers!  

No comments: