Wednesday, May 5, 2010

05.05.10

I took the day off work today in order to begin laying out my paper for one of my independent study courses.  It was a gray, rainy day; perfect for sitting by the window, drinking tea, and writing.  Since DC is home this week, I not only learned about organizational behavior but I was able to observe a day full of "normal" David behavior while at home in Milan.
9:00 - begins to wake up
9:10 - folds over
9:30 - drags himself out of bed and turns on Fox News
10:00 - makes scrambled eggs and toast (bonus for me!)
10:15 - cleans the kitchen and gets out of the house for one hour to let the maids clean
11:15 - begins free time
12:15 - makes prosciutto, brie, and tomato sandwiches and enjoys a glass of wine
12:45 - continues free time
3:30 to 4:30 - naps
4:30 to 7:00 - DC says that this is when he accomplishes any and everything that I have asked him to do.  It still looked like free time to me.


That being said, I can't exactly complain.  This free time-loving boy didn't complain a bit when I wanted to apply to business school.  Or when I actually got in (and it wasn't in California).  Or when we decided to sell our dream house and move to a city that, for all intents and purposes, never actually gets warm.  Or how about when I brought up the idea of moving to Cincinnati and actually trying out the P&;G thing? So, the fact that he is beyond loving the sweet life here in Italy makes me happy.  It gives me nice "poking fun" fodder, but it makes me happy. And, he deserves it. 

2 comments:

Nathan, Lindsay and .... said...

good stuff...

ei said...

haha david is living the life! jeng would be totally jealous if he read this. and if jeng were in david's shoes, his schedule would be very similar with lots of world wide web reading tucked somewhere in-between. enjoy it while you can!!