Thursday, May 6, 2010

05.06.10

Happy 5th Birthday, Ellie!  I love this kid.  She is my sister's first child, my first niece, and, unknowingly so, has taught me so much about how to be "Aunt B".  
Being a true Cartusciello, Miss Ellie decided to enter the world on the exact day my sister and I would have asked her not to.  David and I had planned an open house for our "new" home in Dallas and had invited 50+ people over to see all the work we had left to do on the 1929 fixer upper.  And that is when she made her debut.  I remember being so torn about staying or jumping on I-45 to Houston and am still quite sure that I made the wrong decision to stay and host the party.  Regardless, DC and I have loved every minute that we get to spend with this beautiful little girl.  
Her energy, her light, her giant bear hugs.  We can't believe how quickly five years have gone and, even more so, we can't wait to watch her continue to grow into a curious and happy little girl.
Thanks to our friend Greg Frommert for this last pic.  It has always been one of my favs -- a bit mischievious and tons of fun!

No comments: